Today, you are going to learn EXACTLY how to easily create your own blog the right way. Blogging has helped changed a lot of lives and it is still changing and transforming lives on a daily basis. A lot of people has been able to generate tens of thousands of dollar online just from their blog and a lot more are busy creating six to seven figure income per month in residual income mainly from their blog. And the best part of this is that you can start a making money blog today for just a few dollar per month!
In this guide, I’m going to showing step-by-step how to setup an income generating blog on HostGator so you too can get started immediately and easily setup your own internet real estate in a matter of minutes.
This guide is about 3,500 words long which means roughly 15 minutes of your time reading. So grab yourself a cup or tea or coffee and enjoy this tutorial in its great details. If you ever get stuck, send me an email and I’ll do my best to help you out.
Click here to start a blog on WordPress today, and use this guide to easily set it up.
Alternatively, if you’d want me to personally set up your blog and boycott the technicalities involve in starting a website, you can also check out my free WordPress installation and setup service where I’d personally install, setup and customize your new blog to stand out and ready to roll in a matter of minute.
Other than that, following this guide alone, you are only a matter of minutes away from setting up a perfect, profitable and income generating blog today.
If you are looking for a smarter way to start a blog or website, whether it’s for your hobbies, as an online journal, for your favorite pet, to start a business, to simply make money online or for whatsoever reason you have for starting a blog, getting a reliable and efficient web host is your top priority and choosing HostGator for your hosting need might prove to be your best answer ever.
HostGator is a great and awesome web host I personally use for all my hosting and I personally have a great experience with them.
They are one of the top web hosting companies in 2016, one of the oldest web host in the industry and an official “WordPress” recommended hosting provider with over 99.9% uptime server reliability.
What this means is that once your blog is hosted on HostGator, it will always be online as opposed to few website going offline during some time of the day and what this implies is that your blog will always be live and active every time of the day, no matter what time it is. It is a very very reliable web host.
It is a very reliable web host and you can start your own award winning blog with them today for as low as $4.86 per month (less than the price for a cup of coffee)!
You might consider going the free route but I’d advice against using a free web hosting service as it limits your control and creativity over your blog. There are so many reasons why you should not use a free blogger.com or wordpress.org to host your site and besides, it makes you unprofessional.
If you are ever interested in making money off your blog, part-time or full time, or even turning it into a solid online business, then paying for your hosting need, such as through HostGator, is an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY.
Beside being so cheap and affordable, hosting your new WordPress blog on HostGator gives you total control and flexibility to do and customize your website to your taste as opposed to using a free blogging platform which limits your ability to make money with your blog. And also, it makes you look professional and presentable before your audience.
Also, you can run your own advertisement to sell your own products or services as well as affiliate products on your blog and also sell advertising space on your blog simply by hosting it on HostGator. In fact, it’s very much easy to make money with a blog or website hosted on HostGator than trying to make a penny from one hosted on blogger.com, wordpress.org or any other free hosting platform.
Also many advertisers and business personnel tends to shy away from blogs hosted on free hosting platform because they view them unprofessional, not capable and incompetent of doing business online, which is also a big blow to anyone trying to make money with their blog online.
There are so many reasons why you should choose HostGator for your WordPress blog hosting and in all honesty, I believe they are one of the best web hosting providers you can rely on. These reason includes:
- Hosting a WordPress blog through HostGator is absolutely FREE of charge.
- It’s super easy! Following this guide below, HostGator makes it extremely easy for anyone to simply create and host a WordPress blog .
- HostGator is very cheap and extremely affordable to host your blog. You can get started today to creating your own blog right away and the only expense you need to overcome is their cheap blog hosting which you can start today for as low as $4.86 per month.
- It gives you total control, authority and domination to customize and edit your blog to your full satisfaction without being limited to the strict limitations and regulations of a free hosting provider.
- Also, if you signup to HostGator using my link today, you are signing up for a quality service because with your hosting comes unrestricted disc space, unlimited bandwidth, unrestricted database access to create quality websites and reliable data-centers.
- HostGator also offer a money back guarantee in case you determine that HostGator hosting is not for you. But for any reason whatsoever, if you sign up for HostGator today and you are confused at any point in time about anything, (whether setting up your account, picking up a plan, hosting your blog, pricing, e.t.c), you are always free to send me an email and I can help you out.
- You will also appear much more professional to your target audience and interest individuals and corporate who many want to do business with you.
To enjoy all these, you need to get over to HostGator to get started. Of course, there are many web hosting companies out there but honestly, HostGator is one of the very best. There is indeed a reason why many bloggers prefer HostGator when choosing their web hosting needs.
If you plan on starting a blog on HostGator today, and you really want to learn how to start a blog on WordPress, my complete guide below will prove useful, resourceful and a worthy companion. Follow it step-by-step and remember, if you sign up for HostGator today and you are confused at any point in time about anything, (whether setting up your account, picking up a plan, hosting your blog, pricing, e.t.c), you are always free to send me an email and I can help you out.
Step 1: Decide What Type of Blog You Want to Create
Before you even start your blog, you should first of all decide what your blog is going to be all about. The central theme of your blog. You need to think about what is going to be the main focus of your blog. In short word, what are you going to be blogging about and what should your ideal audience expect from your blog?
Most times, you can start with something that you are very passionate about. This way, you will already have a good amount of knowledge about the type of content you will create on your new blog and it will equally be fun for you at the same time since you are going to be writing about what you already know.
When you focus your blog around something you are interested in, it will be easier and fun to create new contents and spend time working on the site.
While many bloggers are blogging for fun, a lot more are currently using their blog for business and to bring awareness to their existing businesses or websites.
If you already an expert in a particular topic, starting a blog is a great and incredible way to grow your authority and really establish yourself as an expert in that field online.
Once you come up with a great blog idea, then the fun really begins. To even make it easier on you, your website can be about whatsoever you want, and the good news is you can always start a new one if you decide to change your mind or focus!
Ready to start a blog? Click here to get started
Step 2: Register Your Domain Name
Now, you’ve gotten an idea of the central focus of your blog, the next immediate thing to do right now is to secure the domain name for your new blog. A domain name is simply the web address people can easily reach out to your website.
It should be memorable, and I advice you give a serious thought as to what domain name should be because, it may be tough coming up with one.
I could remember coming up with mine “upnexus” and today, I love it because not only is it memorable, it’s short and sweet. Though, when you hear it, it sounds like a tech blog, but in reality, it’s an internet marketing blog that teaches you how to build an internet business and live the dot com lifestyle in today’s economy.
To register your domain name, you have two options, you can either register through godaddy.com and change your nameserver to point to your HostGator hosting or you can register your domain name through HostGator and make the whole process a lot more easier for you.
Once you’ve register your domain name, it’s time to go on with the next step.
Step 3: Buy Hosting For Your New Blog
Now, after getting an ideal of what your blog should be about, and you gotten a good domain name for your blog, it’s time to make your site come alive! It’s time to set up your new WordPress blog.
Setting up a WordPress blog on HostGator is very easy and straightforward. First and foremost, let’s take a look at the various hosting plans on HostGator to start a new blog.
HostGator offers you three (3) different hosting plans to choose from as per your needs and they are the hatchling plan, the baby plan and the business plan.
The core difference between these three plans are:
- The Hatchling Plan allows you to host only one single domain name on your account. It allows you to host only one domain on your hosting account and nothing else.
- The Baby Plan allows you to host unlimited numbers of domains on your hosting account. With the baby plan you can host more than one domain on your account. You can host 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 20, 30, 50, 100, unlimited numbers of domain on your hostgator account.
- The Business Plan allows you to host unlimited amount of domains on your account but also includes a private SSL and a free Toll Free Number to your hosting account.
- You actually don’t need the business plan now as it is more expensive and we really don’t need the private SSL and the toll free number for, at least for now. We can upgrade our account to the business plan if need be but I don’t see us using it in the nearest future, so why wast the extra cash.
- You just need to choose between the Hatchling Plan and the Baby Plan and you are going to know which one to go for in a couple of minutes.
Hatchling vs Baby Plan
- To start a blog at a very cheap price with HostGator, then, choosing the Hatchling Plan is all you need and it’s only $4.86 per month through my link if you purchase your hosting plan for three years upfront.
- What this means is that, once you sign up for the three years hosting plan and pay in full upfront, you won’t be charged again for the next three years.
- If you think you can’t pay for the three years upfront, you can equally sign up for the two years hosting plan at $5.96 per month through my link and you will never be billed for the next two years for your hosting.
- And if you still believe you can go for the two years straight, you can equally settle for the 12 months hosting period at the rate of $7.16 per month through my link and your account will be active all through that period.
- Other options available with the Hatchling Plan is the six month hosting period at $10.95 per month and the monthly period at the same rate of $10.95 per month.
- If you are unsure about blogging and just trying out thing, I would advice you go for the 12 months hosting plan as a beginner and in situation where possible, you can go for the three years hosting plan at a go because, the longer your hosting plan, the more saving for you. But at the nearest minimum, you can start with the 12 months hosting plan.
- I strongly advice against choosing the 6 months or monthly hosting plan as it means more cost and it might prove inconvenience to maintain at the rarest situation, if that is what you can start with.
- Even at $7.16 per month for the 12 months plan, it’s still extremely cheap and affordable, and it’s a great plan to choose.
- If you purchase a 12 month hosting with the Hatchling Plan, your total cost $85.92 a year which is a still great price.
- While you can only host a single blog or website with the Hatchling plan, the Baby Plan allow you to host unlimited number of domain on your hosting account. This is the only distinct and clear difference between the hatchling plan and the baby plan.
- You enjoy the same quality service with either plan but you are only allowed to host one domain with the hatchling plan and unlimited numbers of domains with the baby plan
- The pricing for the baby plan includes $6.96 per month for three months upfront, $8.21 per month for two years, $9.56 per month for 12 months and $11.95 for per month for either six months, three months or monthly plan.
- Again and again, you don’t need all these. You can just start with the hatchling plan at either $7.16 per month for twelve months or $4.86 per month for three years straight if you purchase through my link today.
Again, I’d like to stress the importance of purchasing your hosting plan either 12 or 36 months ahead and to avoid the month-to-month subscription by all means.
Signing up for the monthly by is by far less effective in the sense that it is more expensive and you might have to deal with the issue of your site being offline whenever you forget to renew your hosting for that month or your credit card expired. And this means you’d be losing traffic and businesses once your site gets offline.
Another reason you should sign up for either 12 or 36 months plan is, once you purchase your hosting once, you experience peace of mind knowing that your site is only every single month for the period of your hosting.
Of course you can always receive a refund at any time with their 45 days refund guarantee if you are unhappy with their service, you are refunded for all the remaining months you did not use so I highly recommend signing up for at least the 12 month plan as its the cheapest option. And you are not bonded to any contract whatsoever. No risk at all.
On average, blog hosting should cost you around $90 a year or 175 for three years which is a great deal, and hosting on HostGator with the Hatchling plan for twelve month will cost you $86 a year which in itself is kind of a great deal!
Follow this simple step to buy your hosting for your new blog.
- Follow this link to go to HostGator and click on the “Get Started Now” button.
- Click on “Choose A Plan” and select the package you are interested in.
- Enter your domain name you registered earlier in step 2 or sign up for a new one here.
- Choose a username and 4-8 digits security pin.
- Enter your personal and billing information
- Un-check the additional services as you won’t be needing them
- Next, click on “Checkout Now” to proceed to checkout.
Step 4: Point Your Domain Name to Your New Hosting Account
Congratulation on purchasing your new hosting account with HostGator. You will receive a couple of emails confirming your purchase and your secure login details to your new hosting account.
Now, it’s time to point your new domain name to your new hosting account by changing your domain nameserver to that of HostGator and am gonna show you how to do that in 8 easy step assuming you purchase your domain name with Godaddy in step 2 above.
NOTE: If you purchase your domain name with HostGator while while choosing your hosting plan, there is no need to change your nameserver as it has been automatically configured for you by the teams at HostGator and you can skip this step and move on to the next step. But if not, let’s go change our domain nameserver so our new domain will point directly to our new hosting account.
Below are the simple steps to follow to change your domain nameserver, DNS, when using Godaddy for your domain name and HostGator for your hosting:
- Log into your Godaddy account
- Click on “My Products” from the drop down menu on your left below your name
- Click on “Manage” on the Domain Column
- Select your new domain which you wish to change it’s nameserver using the checkbox and then click on Set NameServer
- In the space provided, enter your new name server which is NS8515.HOSTGATOR.COM in the first column and N8516.HOSTGATOR.COM inside the second column
- Click on SAVE and you are all done with Godaddy
- Next, log into your new hosting account on HostGator and click on “ADDON DOMAINS”
- Follow the basic steps, fill in the required information and click on “Add Domain” and you have just changed your domain name server DNS.
It’s time to install our much loved WordPress.
Step 5: Log into Your New Account and Install WordPress Blog
This is probably the step you’ve been waiting for, so without wasting much time, let’s dig in.
Using WordPress is the best thing you can do for your new blog and here are ten hardcore reason you should be using WordPress.
- Once you’ve logged into your control panel (all the link and information you need for that should be in your inbox now)
- Click on “Get Started With WordPress” which should open up in a new window
- Click on “Install WordPress”
- Fill up the basic information that comes up next and click on “Install WordPress” again
- Once you’ve done that, you will see a loading bar at the top right of your browser that will eventually tell you that your WordPress blog has been installed and you will see your login credentials
- Remember to save your login credentials which is your username and password, and also, DO NOT USE ADMIN when choosing your username. Instead create a username that is a combination of both letters and numbers and anything else you can think about, so that your site will not be vulnerable to hackers and attackers online. This is a security tip you should not ignore.
Oh my goodness!
You’ve just gotten a brand new WordPress blog you can proudly can your own. It’s time to log into your new WordPress blog! Let’s get inside. 🙂
Step 6: Log into Your New WordPress Blog and Check Out Your New Blog
Once the installation completes, you will get an email that contains your login details, including an “Admin url” where you can access the backend of your new blog in case you missed the notification bar.
It should look something like this www.YourAwesomeBlog.com/wp-admin where “YourAwesomeBlog” is your domain name you purchased through Godaddy or HostGator, and remember we’ve pointed our nameserver to point to our hosting account so if you did everything as explained, your blog should perfectly run well at this stage.
If you get stucked in any of the process or confused your are free to reach out to me and I’d be very glad to help you out. Remember, even if all these seems too technical to you, you are free to allow me do it all for you. simply notify me and I’d be really glad to help.
To log into your blog, click the admin url, which should look something like this, www.YourAwesomeBlog.com/wp-admin while you have to replace “YourAwesomeBlog” with your blog name.
Right inside your blog, you can do a whole lot of things with your new WordPress blog. You are free to configure, design and tweak your blog to your taste, after all, it’s your blog, you paid for it! LOL!
Get familiar with your new WordPress dashboard, change your blog’s design, install new theme and plugins, make your blog search engine friendly, and of course, you are ready to publish your first post!
Congratulations on your new blog – you now know how to start a blog using WordPress. You’ve installed WordPress and set up your blog, all on your own! That’s incredible!
As you can see, it was pretty easy and straightforward. Hope you enjoyed my tutorial on how to start a WordPress blog on HostGator.
I wish you good luck on your new blog, and a heartfelt congratulation on setting up your WordPress blog.